Tuesday 18 May 2010

A natural progression

For one reason or another I have not been able to get out fishing for a week or two, but that is not to say that I don't think about it. If you read my lifestyle blog The Vagabond Trail you will know that I make small leather goods, and recently out of necessity I have begun tying my own flies. It seemed a natural progression that I attempt
to marry the two hobbies in some way, I had some new flies but no space in my fly box. After some thought and a couple of hours, I had made this. There may be room for improvement but it did help to satisfy the need to be with my fishing gear. Inside the pouch, I fixed a piece of high density, closed cell foam, in which to secure the hooks.






All that I need now is the opportunity to put it to a practical test.

No comments:

Post a Comment